Generally malware software present on the internet is blamed to introduce virus, Trojans, or other malicious threats in the computers. Nonetheless, internet cannot be called the sole medium to introduce such threats in computers, since USB thumb drives are equally responsible for this problem. They are highly convenient to use, so nowadays this is the most commonly used device to transfer files/documents from one system to another and also is a common source of infection carrying malicious programs. It is very essential to have a software that can provide protection to your USB drives against any infection caused by the system it had been plugged in. USB Disk Security can help in protecting your computer from harmful programs that can be introduced by the USB drive that you use. It scans your removable drives for unwanted programs, prevents unauthorized users from copying your data to drives, monitors and deletes threats from the computer, and much more.
Process of installation is very simple and involves basic steps wherein you need to select the preferred installation language, setup destination path, and additional icons (Desktop and/or Quick Launch). It is compatible with following Window versions: Windows 2003/2008/XP/Vista/7/8.
GUI of USB Disk Security is absolutely user-friendly and intuitive. Any user with basic computer knowledge should be able to use it with great ease, thanks to its simple layout. The buttons for all the major functions are displayed on the left side of the window, namely – Protection Status, USB Shield, USB Scan, Safe Sites, Data Protection, System Tools, and Quarantine. The screen to make settings for each of these functions is displayed on the right side and in the main area of window. Settings for the application itself can be opened from the top right side of window.
- With ‘Safe Web Navigation’, you can safely browse the internet; it is the application’s security feature which navigates you to Linkzb.com website that lists some popular web sites such as Facebook, Youtube, Yahoo!Mail, Gmail, and more. These sites have been checked for security by the software’s multi antivirus engines
- It provides automatic updates but still then you can update them manually by clicking on Start Update link
- ‘USB shield’ guards your computer against malicious programs that can infect it via USB drive. All the suspicious or risky files are detected and automatically deleted by the software (if USB Security is enabled). These deleted files are then quarantined and thus remain harmless to your computer
- Get rid of malicious files existing on your USB drive by scanning them with this software; once these files are found, you can delete all or the selected files
- By vaccinating your computer the autorun feature can be disabled and some malware can be prevented from auto-executing on your computer via USB drives
- You can also vaccinate your USB drives that can prevent accidental transfer of malicious programs to/from other computers where you plug-in your USB drives
- Not sure whether the website you are about to visit is safe or not; leave that to URL Scanner feature as when you enter the concerned website’s URL in its edit box and click on ‘Check URL’ button, it will scan the URL with the scan engine named Virustotal
- USB Access Control provides the highest level of protection against data theft or its accidental disclosure as it can make the USB drives connected to your computer read-only which prevents unauthorized users from copying your data to the USB drives
- You can even disable the use of USB drives on your computer altogether by applying USB drive control function
- There are a bunch of other system tools that can further help in the cause of USB drive protection such as: Disk Cleanup (deletes unnecessary files and malicious programs that remain in the temporary internet directory); Repair Registry (restores the settings in registry that are changed by malware); and Autostart List (lists application that execute during Windows system start-up)
USB Disk Security is a reliable utility that effectively detects and removes potentially harmful files from your USB drives and hence computers. It has a very easy-to-use interface and uses low to moderate system resources, so does not impact working of other applications. With the protection it provides from malware that too free-of-cost, this software is definitely worth trying.
What is USB Disk Security?
USB Disk Security is the best security software to protect offline computer without the need for signature updates. This light and easy to use solution is compatible with other antivirus software and doesn't slow down your computer at all. Other antivirus software should update virus database regularly, and they cannot...
USB Disk Security is a program developed by Zbshareware Lab. The most used version is 126.96.36.199, with over 0% of all installations currently using this version. Upon installation and setup, it defines an auto-start registry entry which makes this program run on each Windows boot for all user logins. A scheduled task is added to Windows Task Scheduler in order to launch the program at various scheduled times (the schedule varies depending on the version). The software is designed to connect to the Internet and adds a Windows Firewall exception in order to do so without being interfered with. The main program executable is USBGuard.exe. The software installer includes 43 files and is usually about 11.55 MB (12,111,108 bytes). USBGuardUpdate.exe is the automatic update component of the software designed to download and apply new updates should new versions be released. In comparison to the total number of users, most PCs are running the OS Windows 7 (SP1) as well as Windows 10. While about 11% of users of USB Disk Security come from the United States, it is also popular in DZ and MA.
How do I remove USB Disk Security?
Quickly and completely remove USB Disk Security from your computer by downloading Reason's ‘Should I Remove It?’ (click the button below).
Or, you can uninstall USB Disk Security from your computer by using the Add/Remove Program feature in the Window's Control Panel.
- On the Start menu (for Windows 8, right-click the screen's bottom-left corner), click Control Panel, and then, under Programs, do one of the following:
- Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall a Program.
- Windows XP: Click Add or Remove Programs.
- When you find the program USB Disk Security, click it, and then do one of the following:
- Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall.
- Windows XP: Click the Remove or Change/Remove tab (to the right of the program).
- Follow the prompts. A progress bar shows you how long it will take to remove USB Disk Security.
Security is the most ignored important aspect of computers when it comes to home users. While there are a many users that use security suites or standalone antivirus / antispyware software, they don't add to the majority.
Claims to keep USB storage devices safe
USB Disk Security aims on providing an application that helps you defend against the potential malware traveling on USB sticks that, at some point in time, are plugged into your computer. It also keeps curious persons from getting your personal data and copy it on their USB drives.
The programs brags about making use of advanced proactive detection techniques that keep threats at bay, closing the window of opportunity left open by the traditional definition update-based antivirus software. USB Disk Security is also mentioned as working in flawless harmony with any other security solution.
A few flaws in the design
The USB Shield pops out every time a threat is being detected and allows you to delete it and also safely open your USB drive without triggering any possible virus. This is where the credibility of this software is put to the test for the first time because any modified `autorun.inf` file present on your flash drive is automatically labeled as `risky`.
This is due to the nature of the detection method which does not truly scan the contents of the `autorun.inf` file for malicious code – no matter what it contains in addition to the default string is enough for this application to recommend immediate deletion. This is one big black ball considering the fact that USB Disk Security requires a fistful of dollars.
A misleading scan procedure
You can scan your USB flash drive and apply the USB Vaccine to it by disabling the autorun feature within the USB Scan area. Once again, the application fails to detect even basic virus-infected items on the USB stick and, furthermore, it doesn't provide you with a selection menu for your inserted pen drives.
Far from being a pro of its kind
These two erroneous and totally ineffective features of the software make its aura alongside positive testimonies parish when faced with reality. At this point, you may start sense the scam and look for something else - that's the best thing to do.
If there's any consolation to you, USB Disk Security can lock your USB ports or flash drive in order to block unauthorized users from stealing data or even connect their USB sticks to your computer. The System Tools consist of utilities such as Disk Cleanup, Repair System or Autostart List utilities. The files you choose to delete within the USB Shield are encrypted and placed into the Quarantine section.
All in all, USB Disk Security is nothing but a bluff. Any piece of software featuring the same characteristics charging you for utilizing it cannot be considered trustworthy and completely useless. It only manages to provide a pretty interface that hides features lacking any real functionality.
A virus infected computer can be a huge problem for consumers. In fact, malware is the primary problems computer users face on a regular basis despite the many anti-virus programs out there. One of the easiest ways for a computer to be infected by a virus is via an infected USB stick. Folks tend to stick any USB drive into their PCs these days without thinking twice. Then they return home and attach the corrupted drive to their own computer.
With that in mind, we recommend a free USB security software known as USB Disk Security. It’s designed to protect your computer from infected USB drives. Not only that, it comes with a host of protective features that should tend to many of your security woes.
USB Disk Security
After downloading the software, observe during installation because it will change your browser start page to Linkzb.com unless the box is unticked. Some software vendors tend to do this these days, and it’s not cool.
Once the program is up and running, you’ll see a list of features on the left. The first is Protection Status, and it shows relevant information regarding the safety of your computer. Data Loss Prevention and Safe Web Navigation are some of the things this section offers.
Next up we have USB Shield. This feature basically monitors your computer for any changes that might be a virus or caused by a virus.
The next feature is called USB Scan. Obviously, this comes into play when a new USB is plugged into the computer. Fire it up and use it to scan the drive before moving forward.
Up next you will see the Safe Sites tab. The web is overrun with websites that have dangerous malware programs designed to infect computers. Such sites tend to trick users into downloading something, and from there, the malware moves to access the computer.
Now, most browsers today have the option to know which web page is infected and will block it before it loads. However, it’s not perfect, and that where the Safe Sites feature comes into play. Before visiting any website, simply copy the URL and scan the page using the URL Scanner.
Scanning does not take place through USB Disk Security itself. The program takes advantage of Google, VirtusTotal, McAfee, Symantec, and Trend Micro, through the web browser.
The Data Protection feature comes into play. Not only is it capable of password protecting a USB disk, but it can also prevent unauthorized users from copying your data to a USB stick.
Many of us have valuable information on our USB drives. No one should see these files, so what better way but to protect the drive with a password. No matter which computer the drive is attached to, it won’t open unless the user enters the correct password.
The System Tools section makes it possible for the user to repair a computer that has been affected by malware, or delete malicious programs that stay in the temporary directory.
Computer users can even choose which application to block from automatically loading during Windows booting process.
USB Disk Security is a robust program, no doubt. However, the Help file is not what we had expected. Information is jumbled here, and things you see in the Help file doesn’t always match with what the program itself offers. Hopefully, the developers take a second look at the Help file and fix the issues that are there.
Overall, USB Disk Security is a must have security software that should be used by everyone. Even if you’re not a person who regularly uses a USB stick, this little program is still for you.
USB Disk Security is a program that aims to detect any virus before it has a chance to infect your memory stick.
By their very nature, USB drives are prone to infection. You stick them in strange computers, share them with your friends and lend them to people for their files and downloads, so it's no wonder that when you use them, there's a risk that they could end up infecting your computer with something nasty.
Once you install USB Disk Security it automatically runs when a flash drive is inserted. It checks for infections, and provides some other features, such as a list of the programs that automatically run at start-up. USB Disk Security has other features, such as a USB scan tool and repair options, but these are not available in the trial version.
When minimized, USB Disk Security will sit in the task tray discreetly. From this menu, you can enable and disable auto-scanning, as well as updating the program. The limitations on the trial version of USB Disk Security are a bit of a disappointment, but the program is so unobtrusive and efficient at scanning recently-inserted USB drives that it might be worth downloading anyway.
The trial version limits are disappointing, but USB Disk Security is still a good choice for flash disk security.
- Resident protection
- Doesn't clash with other anti-viruses
- Trial version has serious limitations
USB storage is a common source of infection with potentially dangerous content, but a lot of antivirus software can not effectively detect malicious programs from USB drives. USB Disk Security provides the best protection against any threats when using USB drives. USB Disk Security's main function is to protect your computer from viruses and malware that could enter through a connected USB device.
Features and Highlights
100% protection against any malicious programs via USB drive
It uses innovative technology to block known and unknown threats via USB drive. It supports USB drive, flash disk, secure digital card, thumb drive, pen drive, removable storage, iPod, and more.
The best solution to protect offline computer
Other antivirus software should update virus database regularly, and they cannot effectively protect offline computers that are not connected to the Internet. When new viruses, worms, and other malicious attacks strike, traditional signatures are insufficient. Every minute one waits for a virus signature update creates a window of vulnerability that could have devastating consequences. USB Disk Security uses advanced proactive detection techniques and closes the window of vulnerability left open by other reactive, signature-based responses.
Deliver a high level of protection against theft and accidental disclosure of confidential data. This feature can prevent unauthorized persons from copying your data to USB drives, and it also can stop the threats from a USB drive.
The world's fastest and lightest security software
With the program, it's not necessary to sacrifice speed for detection and scanning. Compare antivirus software and you'll discover that USB DiskSecurity is by far one of the lightest applications in the industry.
Compatible with other security software and all popular Windows platforms
Incompatibility between antivirus programs is an issue; However, It is fully compatible with other security software. Supports Windows 10, 8, and 7, Vista, XP, 2008, 2003.
Simple to use
It has been specifically designed to perform effectively regardless of the user's level of computer expertise. Just install and forget it.
AVD Soft's Free USB Disk Security 2013 can prevent viruses and other malware from an infected portable drive from entering your PC through a USB port. It also scans removable drives for viruses. It covers all types of portable storage devices that connect via the USB interface, including thumb drives and portable hard drives. Many antivirus packages protect USB drives, but if yours doesn't, or if you prefer a specialized tool, here's your chance to add it for free. Free USB Disk Security 2013 requires Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 or better. We tried it in 64-bit Windows 7.
Users of various brands of antivirus freeware will recognize the "family resemblance" in Free USB Disk Security's compact layout, starting with the left-hand sidebar's large, well-labeled buttons and the home page's summary data and Scan Now button. Free USB Disk Security has three main features: USB Shield, which offers proactive protection against threats when activated; USB Scan, which scans attached drives for malware; and Repair System, which doesn't really secure your USB drives but rather helps you undo malicious changes to the Registry and other parts of Windows. As soon as it opened, though, it scanned our attached USB drive and declared it safe. We expected as much, but it's nice to be sure! Help resources are thin, but in most ways, Free USB Disk Security behaves exactly like what it is: a specialized but typical specimen of antivirus freeware.
Maybe medical science will never be able to cure the common cold, but computer science is way ahead when it comes to the malware equivalent. If you ferry data between computers on a USB drive on a regular basis, we highly recommend the sort of protection Free USB Disk Security 2013 offers.
Developed by Zbshareware Lab, USB Disk Security is a seucirty program that claims to provide protection for the computer system, and fight against dangerous viruses as well as protect hte personal data from being stolen by the spyware and malicious keyloggers.
What's the biggest problem for you to remove USB Disk Security
Many People who get USB Disk Security on their computers usually encounter such a problem when try to remove it: unable to unlock the security program so that the program does not allow you to uninstall it form the PC. That's to say, one must unlock the application if want to remove it, otherwise, you won't get the permission to uninstall USB Disk Security from the computer.
Additionally, people who can unlock the program also encounter a problem to uninstall the program completely from PC, some of the program's files and traces cannot be removed with the program, and they still can be found on the computer after performing the removal.
So, how to we uninstall USB Disk Security properly from the computer? Please continue to read this post, and you will be able to find an effective way to remove the program from PC.
Effective guides to remove USB Disk Security completely
Way one - Use uninstall feature within Windows OS
Step 1: stop running USB Disk Security on the computer
- Right-click on the task bar, and select Task Manager
- Find the USB Disk Security process on the list, and select it
- Click on End task on the bottom right corner to stop it
Step 2: uninstall the program
- Right-click on the Windows button, select Programs and Features
- Highlight USB Disk Security on the list, click Uninstall
- Click Yes to make you sure you want to complete remove it
- Wait until the removing process finished, and then click OK
- Restart the computer
Step 3: clean its vestiges - registry keys
- When back to your computer system again, please go to open the computer's search box
- Type "regedit" in the box, and open the Registry Editor on your system
- Expand the groups of registry keys inside, and delete the one which is belonging to the USB Disk Security application (if you are afraid of deleting the wrong file, you can export the specific file for back-up)
- Close the Editor when you finish
Way two - Uninstall USB Disk Security with its own uninstaller
- Go to the desktop of your computer, and right-click on the shortcut of USB Disk Security
- Select Open file location, and browser the list of its installed files until you find the uninstall process inside
- Double-click on the uninstall executable file (unins000), and click OK to confirm and start the removal
- Select to delete the program's configuration files, and click on Done button
- When finish, go to restart your Windows system
- The same to the manual removal in approach 1, you should open the Registry Editor, and delete those registry keys related to USB Disk Security application or the vendor.
Way three - Apply Total Uninstaller to remove USB Disk Security
Advanced third party uninstaller is also a good choice to uninstall the program, and it can be more faster and easier for the common people, if you always feel annoying and troublesome to remove a program, you can try to equip your computer with such a removal tool.
Guides to uninstall USB Disk Security with Total Uninstaller
- Launch Total Uninstaller on the computer, and locate USB Disk Security's icon on the menu
- Click on "Run Analysis", and then click on Complete Uninstall to start the removal
- Finish the first stage removal with instructions, and then click on Scan Leftovers
- Click on Delete Leftovers to clean all of vestiges on your computer
- Exit the uninstaller, and restart the computer to completely uninstall USB Disk Security on your PC.